Law 34/2006, of October 30, on access to the professions of Lawyer and Court Solicitor and Royal Decree 775/2011, of June 3, which approves the Regulation that develops Law 34/2006 has established a system for obtaining the professional title of lawyer based on the fulfillment of the following requirements:
- Be in possession of the title of Bachelor of Law, Graduate in Law or another equivalent university degree that meets the requirements established in article 3 of Royal Decree 775/2011.
- Certify the passing of one of the training courses comprehensive of the set of skills necessary for practicing the profession of lawyer.
- Develop a formative period of practice in institutions, entities or professional offices related to the exercise of the lawyer profession.
- Pass the final assessment test certifying professional training.
Within this framework, it is expected that the training required to be able to take the final assessment test for obtaining the professional title of lawyer can be acquired through the following ways:
- Training given in public or private universities within the framework of the courses that lead to the obtaining of an official university Master's degree.
- Training courses given by the legal practice schools created by the bar associations and approved by the Consejo General de la Abogacía.
- Training given jointly by public or private universities and legal practice schools approved by the General Council of the Bar.
The Master in Advocacy of the University of Lleida is enrolled in this third modality, provided for in letter c) of art. 4.1 of Royal Decree 775/2011, which results in training provided jointly by the University of Lleida and the Lleida Bar Association.